Who doesn’t love a good ice cream cake? Here’s my favorite recipe. Best of all it’s CRAZY easy! Enjoy!
- 36 Oreos (1 standard package)
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 quart your choice flavor ice cream, softened (I used Southern Bourbon Pecan)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (420g) hot fudge (store-bought or yummy homemade)
- Whipped topping (cream)
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole Oreos into a fine crumb. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together, then press into a 9×13 pan. (No need to grease the pan prior.) Make sure it is very tightly packed– I use the back of a spatula to firmly press it in.
- During that time, place the softened chocolate ice cream in a bowl and give it a good stir to rid any frozen lumps. You want a nice smooth, soft ice cream. Spread it on top of the frozen crust.
- During that time, place the 2nd ice cream flavor into a bowl and stir it until it is smooth and very soft. Carefully spread on top of the chocolate ice cream.
- Make sure the hot fudge is spreadable consistency. You may have to slightly heat it if using store-bought. Spread it on top of the ice cream.
- Spread whipped topping on top of hot fudge layer, then top with sprinkles. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for at least 12 hours before serving (and up to a few days!).
- Use a very sharp knife to cut, making sure you are cutting into the crust.
- Keep leftovers in the freezer.